If you are seriously considering getting lasik to permanently address your particular eyesight impairments, you probably have devoted much time weighing its pros and cons. You most likely have also exhausted all means to ensure that you are under the hands of the best and most reputable lasik surgeon in your area. But other than doing all the necessary preparations in getting lasik, there is an additional aspect that you would also need to focus much of your attention to and that is after care.
Lasik is a 15 minute laser procedure that restores your visual acuity permanently thereby eliminating the need to rely on eyeglasses and contact lenses. Though safe and effective, eye health experts do stress on the fact that your recovery from lasik has much to do with how you care for your eyes post surgery.
Each lasik physician may recommend different means to reach full recovery following a laser eye surgery, but the Lasik Oklahoma City website lists down the most important ones.
1. Antibiotic drops are prescribed to fend off the risks of eye infections that can delay or seriously impede your recovery.
2. Should inflammation occur, steroid drops can be administered to manage this condition.
3. Lubrication plays a key role in preventing dryness and irritation. As such, most LASIK surgeon in OKC prescribe the use of artificial tears or eye lubricants.
4. Ample eye protection is necessary to avoid eye damage especially if you are newly recovering from lasik. The use of hats, sunglasses and protective goggles can help ensure that your eyes stay sheltered.
5. Refrain from putting on make up and eye creams as you recover from lasik. These often leave residues that can contaminate and infect your eyes.
6. Your hair is also a source of germs and bacteria. As such, keeping your locks away from your face is necessary to avoid irritating your eyes.
7. Lastly, give your eyes enough time to rest and relax to hasten your recovery process.