One of the most famous health remedies used today for various purposes is apple cider vinegar. However, apple cider vinegar is not new. It has been used by people for hundreds of years in the treatment of various ailments. Hippocrates himself is said to have used apply cider vinegar as an antibiotic. There are various apple cider vinegar benefits. Although there are some benefits derived from apple cider have not been confirmed by scientific studies, it is still a trusted product and a lot of people swear by all the good things it can do for the body.
A lot of people are asking, is cider vinegar the same as apple cider vinegar. Yes, both are one and the same. Apple cider vinegar is made from cider or apple must. It has an amber color.
- Apple cider vinegar makes a very good toner. It improves the skin on your face. Just dilute equal parts of apple cider vinegar and water. However, you should be very careful because apple cider vinegar can have a very bad effect on your eyes.
- Apple cider vinegar has the ability to reduce the aches and pains of getting sunburn. Just soak a piece of cloth in the vinegar and apply it to the sunburn gently.
- Women also use apple cider as a douche for yeast infections. But, there is also talk that apple cider can worsen an already existing yeast infection.
- Apple cider has long been promoted as a treatment for arthritis. Even the National Arthritis Foundation says that apple cider has been proven effective in treating arthritis.
- If you have an issue with very high levels of cholesterol in your body, try apple cider vinegar. You can also drink teaspoon of apple cider vinegar in a gallon of water daily to help lower your blood pressure.
- It has also been reported that apple cider can treat warts. Mix equal parts of water and vinegar and soak the affected area in it.