Migraine is a medical term for severe or chronic headache. Symptoms of this illness include nausea and being sensitive to light and noise. Usually, a migraine is unbearable. A chronic headache is about to start when you feel tingling in the arms and legs or have a vision of flashing lights. When you experience these symptoms, it would be better to treat this immediately before it gets worse. Moreover, knowing the migraine headache cures will be very useful.
1. Visiting and consulting your doctor about your experience is the first thing that you would do. Ask your doctor to prescribe migraine medication that will ease the pain you are experiencing. You can take the medication on a regular basis or just prior to known stimuli.
2. Normally, the pain produced by migraine can be alleviated by drinking or taking over the counter pain killer medications such as aspirin, excedrin, and ibuprofen. Mild to moderate migraine can be alleviated by such medications. It’s always a smart move to seek medical assistance if pain is severe.
3. Symptom of nausea and vomiting are associated with this condition so it is very important to drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
4. Another symptom of migraine is the sensitivity of light. To resolve this, try to rest in a dark or dim room. Though, don’t let yourself have too much sleep because sometimes this can make migraine worse.
5. Engaging in meditation or yoga activities is a smart move. Or you could simply do deep, firm, soothing breathing technique if you want.
6. Another method on how to alleviate migraine is through hot and cold therapy. In cold therapy, you can utilize ice packs and place it over your head where the pain is felt. As for the hot therapy, you may use hot packs with buckwheat kernels, hot towel, steam bath, or even hot shower will suffice. Both these therapies will alleviate the symptoms of migraine.
7. Some other treatment that you could also choose is biofeedback and acupuncture. Since this is proven to ease migraine pain.
8. if not yet contented with those tips, then why not to try herbs. Herbs impede a migraine rapidly. Feverfew and butterbur are herbs that you could opt for, only if you are not pregnant. But, always ask first your doctor or pharmacist to ensure that you are taking up a safe medicine. Additional list of migraine medicine are Riboflavin, CoenzymeQ10 and magnesium. All these ways to stop migraine fast will surely be useful.