If you want cleansing and healing for your body consider adding asparagus to your diet. When looking for the stalks, choose the thinnest of all. The thinner it is, the tender it probably is. You need to see the cut end of the stalk to check if they’re old or not. They would be if it’s already dried out.
This vegetarian stir fry recipe with asparagus will be associated with tofu which is packed with calcium. To further enhance its taste, we’ll have to make a savory brown sauce of balsamic vinaigrette.
We will have 4 sections of ingredients.
Rice: 1 cup of dy jasmine rice or you can get other long grain rice. You’ll need to have 2 cups of water.
Stir Frying: vegetable or peanut oil, 1 bunch of fresh asparagus and 8 oz of extra firm tofu.
Marinade: 2 cloves of crushed garlic, ¼ large sweet onion (diced), ½ tablespoon of fresh ginger (grated or crushed), 1/8 cup of rice wine or dry sherry, ¼ cup of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of palm sugar or brown sugar and water to cover.
Brown sauce: 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, 1 ½ tablespoons of rice wine or dry sherry, 2 tablespoons of Hoisin sauce, 5 ½ tablespoons of soy sauce, 2 teaspoon of fresh grated ginger root, 1 teaspoon of white pepper, 2 tablespoons of palm sugar or brown sugar and tablespoon of water.
Let’s proceed to preparations.
1. Make ½ inch think triangles out of the tofu. By a Teflon pan, dry-fry them in over a medium heat with no oil. Use spatula in pressing them frequently. Both sides must be brown.
2. Prepare the marinade by combining all its ingredients in a bowl. Dive in the fried and dried tofu triangles.
3. Cook the rice.
4. The brown sauce will be made through medium high heat in a saucepan. Let it boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Heat a wok or a large pan over medium high to high heat. Dash in the vegetable or peanut oil then add the dried tofu and asparagus. Stir fry with the same constant heat until asparagus is tender but still crunchy.
6. Turn off the heat and put the brown sauce to stir fry.
7. Enjoy with rice.